We believe that every student deserves a chance to reach his or her potential. That is why we strive to make The Leelanau School affordable to any family who feels that it is the right fit for their child. Families can receive up to 50% off tuition2020欧洲杯在线投注 through our Financial Assistance Program. Our goal is to help close the gap between the cost of the school and what a family can afford.
To make the financial aid application process easier for families, we have partnered with School & Student Services (SSS), a third-party online system. SSS calculates an estimated family contribution once parents complete their Personal Financial Statement (PFS). This helps The Leelanau School Financial Aid Committee make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
Financial Aid Grants vary in amount depending upon the financial circumstances of the applicant family, up to a maximum grant of 50% of full tuition2020欧洲杯在线投注. Since our Financial Aid funds are limited and applications are reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis, it’s important that all families meet the deadlines. Families are required to reapply for Financial Aid grants each year.
Step 1: Prepare to Apply
- The SSS Online Application process for financial aid opens each year in January.
- For new families, our admissions process is need-blind, meaning a student is accepted on his or her own merits, without regard to the family’s ability to pay tuition. For that reason, new families can only begin the financial aid application process after their child has been accepted into a program.
- For returning families, information on the process to reapply for financial aid and the associated deadlines will be sent in early January.
- In the case of separated or divorced parents, we require a completed online PFS from both natural parents. In addition, remarriage or cohabitation with another adult by either parent that creates a new family relationship is also required to follow the same process. The online application with only one PFS is considered an incomplete application.
Step 2: Complete Your PFS Online Application
- Click on the button or go to to start an application. The Leelanau School code is #4570.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018-19. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- We also recommend that you include a brief narrative describing your unique circumstances to assist the Leelanau Financial Aid Committee in making a grant recommendation.
Step 3: Pay SSS Online Application Processing Fee & Submit Your PFS
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The processing fee of $49 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
Step 4: Manage Tax Forms & Related Documents
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents”. We require that families ATTACH their COMPLETE 2017 income tax return, which includes the following supporting forms to their SSS Online Application (do not send tax documents to the school):
- W-2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement)
- Federal Tax Form 1040 (US Individual Income Tax Return)
- Schedule C Form (Profit or Loss from Business)
- Form 1065 (US Return of Partnership Income) – if applicable
- Form 1099 (Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.) – if applicable
- Form 1120 (US Corporation Income Tax Return) – if applicable
- Form 1120-S (US Income Tax Return for an S Corporation) – if applicable
- Once your 2017 tax documents are verified by SSS, then the Leelanau School Financial Aid Committee will review your application to determine your Financial Aid grant.
- Families are notified in writing of the recommendation for the Financial Aid grant awarded by the Financial Aid Committee.
If You Have Questions, Please Contact:
SSS Customer Service: 800-334-8328 (Monday to Friday 9 AM–8 PM EST / Saturday 9 AM–4 PM EST)
Leelanau School: Catherine Creighton – 231-334-5826 / firstname.lastname@example.org